Welcome to St. Paul’s Church, New Southgate, London, N11: a place of Christian faith and worship, a caring community, and a beautiful, spiritual building in a vibrant and busy area of North London between Friern Barnet and Bounds Green.
Essential to the life of this church is the sense of welcome and belonging that everyone can enjoy as part of the community.
We are :
– A family of people of all ages, for whom God is important and has a central place in our lives
– Ordinary people who try to follow Jesus Christ
– People who care about the values of our society and the life of our local area as well as the world around us
– As part of the Church of England, we are under the pastoral and sacramental care of the Bishop of Edmonton, the Rt. Revd. Robert Wickham
St. Paul’s is more than a building…
– It is a place where people meet to pray together, where they can experience times of quiet and reflection, as well as joyous celebrations
– It is a meeting place too for the activities of all ages – our adjacent Hall is also available for use – and is frequently used – by the wider community
Our purpose here is to worship God our Father and bear witness to the love of his Son Jesus Christ.
Empowered by God’s Holy Spirit, we seek to serve the spiritual (and often material) needs of our local community. Those who live and work in the parish are regularly prayed for and supported pastorally.
Newcomers and children are very welcome to attend all of our services. Details of our services and other information are to be found on our weekly bulletin – an electronic PDF copy of this can be downloaded from this website.
We have a thriving Young Church which meets every week and an All-Age Service on the first Sunday of each month which is geared to children and their involvement in the liturgy. We also have Brownies and Scouts. There are strong connections with our church school, St. Paul’s (in The Avenue, N11).
Baptism, Wedding and Funeral services
We are always happy to discuss these services which mark important life events. For more information see our Baptism, Wedding and Funeral pages. Or if you simply need to speak to a priest in confidence, please speak to the Vicar.
We are also a very social group of people who organise activities ranging from days out to holidays to parties and picnics.
Do come and visit us – you will be assured of a warm welcome here!